The handling of the documents in business operations has become increasingly difficult because they are stored partly digital, partly paperbased, oftentimes both and are processed switching between both multiple times. So there are many challenges to document management nowadays: Adjustment to flexible business processes, the need of a quick retrievability and long term, audit-proof archiving, to name a few keywords. Yet there's light at the end of the tunnel: Performant, yet affordable hardware and intelligent software packages combine into integrated systems, which make it possible to manage process oriented document management and control complex business processes in a single centralized user interface.
From traditional document management, functions for the handling of e-mails, faxes, letters and other digital or paperbased forms are inherited. Added to that is a system for archiving all data, including extensive search, backup and administration tools which guarantee secure auditing and compliance with different reporting standards (e.g. legal retention periods, GdPdU Sarbanes-Oxley-Act, Basel III).
Through a modular concept, single standard components can be assembled to fit the customer's needs. The specific solutions support the user in the optimization of procedures and processes via digitalization and automation in the handling of mail and invoices, extraction of data from paperbased forms, order and offer handling, internal authorization procedures and much more.
DMS in short form from an economical perspective:
- Fast retrieval of documents (Enterprise Search, semantic search, etc.) and thereby avoidance of double creation/editing.
- Long-term readability of the documents (TIFF/PDF/A).
- Compliance to legal retention periods (up to 30 years).
- Automated management of different version (checkIn/Out).
- Vadility status of the documents (only released documents are viewable).
- Central management of templates for document creation.
- Team based document creation (with review-, release-, distribution- and archivation processes).
- Multi-level access permission concept (protection of information and privacy).
- Logging of all activities on a document (Audit Trail).
- Avoidance of multiple identical documents (single instance).
- Automated deletion at end of the legal retention period.
- Multifunctional viewer for freely chosen file formats.
- Comfortable integration into the leading ERP/CRM systems.